Monday, August 18, 2008

Guess who is coming to lunch goes great

Thank you to all those who hosted people for lunches yesterday. I've heard back from a few people and it seems that everyone had a great time meeting others from church. I think the really good thing is that we don't need to have special days to extend hospitality and that it seems to be going on all the time.

Just remember to look out for new people and those who might not normally fit in. Our meals together are an expression of our Christian fellowship with one another. Well done, and remember a saying that Beth and I have, "there is always room for one more!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lunch was awesome!!!! I had lunch at Bob Claxton's place and felt like I'd stepped back in time with a traditional baked lunch and spending time in fellowship around the table. We talked about the olympics, Bob's family history (Claxton's are Norman invaders...) and about church, mission and the word of God. I was able to invite one of the people who came to lunch to my growth group on thursday night to find out more about Jesus!!!!