Friday, August 22, 2008

Resources on Depression

Last Sunday's talk on Depression sparked some further questions. I've got a few resources that you might like to follow up:

1. A series of talks that Arch Hart gave at St Mark's Armidale last year, particularly the ones from the clergy conference. All the talks can be found at the St Mark's website and I have put the first talk in the player below.



2. The book "Victory over the darkness: Overcoming Depression". I had a a read of this and thought it would be a helpful resource. What I liked about it was that it was thoroughly Christian and kept holding out the gospel as the source of life.

3. The Beyond Blue website has a lot of helpful information and links to good resources.

It reminds me that more than every we need to know ourselves, know God and be able to care helpfully for one another. I hope our church life together around the gospel of Jesus Christ can be a place where people find healing.

No comments: